Property Management Service in Plymouth, Devon and Cornwall
Our Management Team are specialists in managing apartment blocks and freehold developments with covenants.
Over many years we have developed a long standing team of professionals and trades people to ensure that the management of each block runs as smoothly as possible.
- We will agree the basis of the letting with you, including the proposed period of tenancy, type of tenant required, any tenancy restrictions such as no pets, no children etc.
- Carry out the initial inspection of your property and advise on an achievable level of rent, matters requiring attention prior to the letting proceeding such as repairs, Landlords Gas Safety Certificate, satisfactory Electrical Safety Certificate, cleaning, preparation of inventory, etc.
- When, in our opinion, a suitable applicant is found, references will be taken up on the prospective tenant and, if required, their guarantor.
- If the references are satisfactory, Tuffins will prepare a tenancy agreement, serve any notices required by law, collect the first months rent and take a deposit, usually equivalent to 6 weeks rent, to be held under one of the statutory rent deposit schemes.
- We will always carry out a check-in procedure with the tenant, agree the inventory, read all meters and advise gas, electricity and water companies and Council tax office of change of occupier.
- We can collect the rent at the agreed intervals, usually monthly, and remit the rents to you, net of fees, direct to your bank account within 4 working days of tenants' rent cheques or standing order payments clearing through our account.
- We carry out an initial inspection of the property about twelve weeks after commencement of the tenancy and thereafter at about six monthly intervals to ensure the tenant's compliance with the tenancy terms.
- Near the end of the initial term of tenancy we will discuss any post tenancy proposals and the possible grant of a new tenancy.
- At the end of the tenancy we will inspect and advise you whether the tenant has complied with the terms of the tenancy, deal with the check out and refund the tenants deposit, less any retention as appropriate.