What is Facilities Management?
Facilities management is the administration of a business with regards to managing space, people, infrastructure, buildings and business processes and at Plymouth Block Management this is one of our biggest strengths.
A facilities management company supports everyday business operations by providing services that save time, money and resources.
This is especially useful when it comes to the day-to-day running of a busy organisation, a demanding building or site, or a business spanning several locations.
Why would you outsource your facilities management?
Your business can benefit from:
- Fine tune your business processes: Do more with what you already have, so you can take your business to the next level.
- Cut costs: Find areas to save money without impacting on performance. A strategic assessment of your current facilities and business processes will highlight areas where you could be needlessly overspending.
- Take a load off: Proper facilities management will save you time and hassle, as well as money.
- Futureproof your business: Put in place measures to ensure the continuity of your business and feel safe in the knowledge that you’re covered under any circumstance.
- Ensuring statutory compliance: We can provide all statutory compliance in relation to building services, including but not limited to water hygiene, pressure systems, gas safety, risk assessment, fire safety, management of asbestos, electrical testing, noise and air quality monitoring.
A Facilities management consultant
We operate as a facilities management consultancy, advising your business on how to best manage your processes and facilities. We specialise in performing an in-depth review of all aspects of a business to seek out ways to save time, money and resources.
We are passionate about helping your business to become more environmentally sustainable. If you’re simply looking for energy saving recommendations, or want to adopt more eco-friendly practices, we can help make your business greener.
Strategic planning and management
- Space management: Optimising office or factory space to reduce rental costs and create a more time efficient workspace.
- Environmental management: Reducing the impact of a business on the environment, through building improvements and energy saving optimisation.
- Energy management & utilities procurement: Reducing costs through sourcing cheaper power and sustainable energy.
- Life cycle costing preparation: Assessing the longevity of business assets and advising on the most cost-effective ways to source replacements. Strategic planning for future investments, to avoid surprise costs that could derail business growth.
- Business continuity planning: Analysis of business processes in order to recommend and implement contingency measures, so that unexpected events don’t jeopardise the future of the business.
- Disaster recovery planning: Dealing with events that impede normal business function, in order to resume normal operation as soon as possible, whether it be a natural, computing or other disaster.
- Human Resources: Consultation, policy and the facilitation of TUPE transfer.
- Health and Safety Management: Appointment of Competent Advisor in accordance with Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
Integrated facilities management
We offer integrated facilities management, delivering as many services as you need to support the smooth running of your business.
We employ a flexible approach to facilities management, offering bespoke services tailored to clients’ needs. Whether it be purely providing individual services or project management we have the capability and experience to best support your business.
Whatever you choose, you’ll get a dedicated project manager who will work closely alongside you and your team to make considerable positive changes to your business, as well as a 24/7, customer-focused support team.